Benefits for Education
- Students need to use logic to win. They program their turtle’s as a sequence of steps, similar to a program.
- It introduces a love for programming. Playing a game makes the students forget that they’re coding!
What We Liked
- It’s adaptable. Teachers or parents can adjust the difficulty of the game to suit every age.
- It’s simple. There aren’t a lot of elements or player actions.
- It’s fun for younger students. Winning those jewels is addictive!
What We Disliked
- No player interaction. There’s no way to affect another player’s turtle. As a result, players might lose interest in the long run.
- Too simple. The basic game is limited in its replay-ability. Older students may get bored with the simple mechanics.
Ease of Use: 8 out of 10
Fun: 7 out 10
Learning Value: 7 out of 10
Overall: 22 out of 30
Key takeaway: It’s versatile, adaptable and fun, especially for younger kids. But it needs custom rules to engage older players. You get it now from Amazon for about $18 — try it out for yourself for your classroom or at home.