Dear Learning Theories Family,
We hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy during this very challenging time. As we need to practice “social distancing” — that is, the need to “flatten the curve” by staying at home — education has shifted online. This can be an additional burden to need to spend your entire day in isolation at home.
Do you need activities to play? Games can be one of the best ways to connect with friends as a social experience and to enjoy quality time with family.
We wanted to provide a collection of some of the best FREE activities that are fun, social and engaging that you can play online with friends and family.
In no particular order, here is our list:
Play Board Games Online with Others
- Board Game Arena – Play board games online — many games are free.
- Drawception – drawing game similar to Telestrations:
- Charades online – Act out clues via your webcam — no talking is allowed!
Social Deduction Games
- Play Jigsaw Puzzles online
- Sporcle – custom quiz game to challenge friends, for example: Name That Tune Game
- GeoGuessr – Guess where you are in the world based on a series of 360 images)
- ?FreeCiv – Free Civilization 2 game.
Note that we recommend connecting to a videoconference tool like Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc.) while playing the game so that you can more easily talk and see faces.
Do you have more recommendations? Let us know! We’ll keep updating this list.